EVERGREEN WOODWORKERS GUILD
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES FOR MARCH 30, 2009
Meeting was opened by Jerry Wheeler, President
1. WOODWORKERS SHOW is April 17-19 at the Seattle Center. Parking fees will be reimbursed for all who volunteer to staff a table at the show. See our treasurer, Dick Noe, for reimbursement. Larry Statham, committee chair, says he has had a wonderful response to his request for volunteers. Thank you to all who are staffing the table and to all who are doing demonstrations.
2. SHELTON ART FESTIVAL is coming up. Application deadline is May 1. It is a juried event.
3. 10th ANNIVERSARY for the guild is this year. Contact any officer or committee member to give them your suggestions for ways to honor this event. Currently, some suggestions are a) slideshow of past year’s events, b) a 10 year name tag ladder to attach to guild member’s name tag.
4. Sadly, our guild has lost another member. George Goetz passed away recently.
5. PICNIC CHAIRPERSON is needed to put together this year’s picnic. A space has already been reserved for August 15 at the Swiss Park in Bonney Lake.
6. MORE EWWG pamphlets and flyers are needed and Joyce will get more copied.
7. BUSINESS MEETINGS for April and May will be via the Internet. All committee chairs and interested persons are to submit their reports and items of business to Jerry Wheeler through e-mail.
8. ELECTIONS for President and Vice President will be held in June so we need people to step up and take on these important duties. Jerry Wheeler is looking for someone to be the nominating chairperson.
2 x 4 CHALLENGE will be the main theme of the April meeting. $300.00 worth of prizes have been purchased.
CORPORATE STATUS CHANGE: Forms were submitted Dec. 15, 2008 but no response from IRS at this time.
COMPENSATION No new news on this issue for the March meeting.
REFRESHMENTS VOLUNTEER: We would like to thank Gary Fanthorpe for taking on this responsibility the last few months. Everyone has enjoyed having hot coffee and cookies to munch on.
ELECTION TIME: This June is time to elect a President and Vice President. Jerry has contacted the board members about one of them being the nominating committee but no response as of the February meeting. President and Vice President positions are up for election June 2009 while the Secretary and Treasurer shall be up for election June 2010.
Treasurer’s Report: A total of approximately $10,00.00 in the bank. Dick Noe reminded everyone that they need to submit their budget requests for the upcoming fiscal year.
Library: No report
Membership: 89 members.
Mentorship: Gary Roth will be contacting the mentors to get updated information about their skills.
Monthly Raffle: Nothing new.
Newsletter/Website: All have been updated.
Public Relations: No committee, therefore no report.
Special Meetings: Apr. 2 x 4 Challenge – Contact Dan Haavisto or look at the EWWG website for a listing of the future presenters.