EVERGREEN WOODWORKERS GUILD
GENERAL MEETING MINUTES FOR FEBRUARY 9, 2009
Meeting was opened by Jerry Wheeler, President 0 Visitors Approx: 66 attendees
1. WOODWORKER’S SHOW is April 17-19 at the Seattle Center. Signup sheets will be passed around at future meetings if you want to help staff a table.
2. AUCTION ITEMS are needed for CCA. See Gordon Patnude if you would like to donate to this worthy cause.
3. WEEKEND WORKSHOPS are available for your education. George Knutson laid out 6 signup sheets for 6 different classes. The guild pays a portion of the class fees.
1. DESIGN PLAQUE CONTEST has been concluded. Bill Cogswell will be building a wooden banner to grace our tables at all the woodworking events.
2. REFRESHMENTS help is still needed. Thank you to Gary Fanthorpe and Monica Hall for doing a great job with coffee and homemade cookies at the February meeting. It all tasted great! Please contact Jerry Wheeler if anyone can do March or any of the other months this next year.
3. 2 x 4 CHALLENGE is in April and will have prizes worth a total of $300.00.
Treasurer’s Report: No report
Library: Books and magazines are ready and waiting to be read.
Membership: Renewals are coming in and can now be paid thru the Pay Pal system on the guild’s website.
Mentorship: Gary Roth is your contact person if you need advice on finding a mentor for your project. He can be reached at email@example.com
Monthly Raffle: Monthly raffles are doing well, nothing new or unusual to report.
Newsletter/Website: Website has been updated. The newsletter is now available on the internet, however if a member would prefer to have the newsletter mailed, they should contact Bill Cogswell and he will see that they get it.
Public Relations: No report.
ETCETERAS and alsos………
Special Meetings: The special presenter for the February meeting was Ken Richards and Effective Design.
Safety Corner: Everyone was safe this month. No injuries to report.
Show-N-Tell: Many beautiful things: Jerry Wheeler did a beautiful mantle piece for his daughter who lives back east. Neil Bonn brought in his refinished end table. Myron Connery showed his version of a pollen collection box as well as a novelty box with a picture frame lid. Brad Husby brought a segmented platter and bowl. Edward Grondin had a very beautiful turned urn for pet ashes and a turned bowl made from purple heart wood.
*Remember to pick up your raffle ticket for participating in the Show-N-Tell by simply bringing in your items to share with everyone.*
Ask The Experts: Sometimes the answers are simple….to reduce the static on your plastic facemask, rub it with a dryer sheet used in clothes dryers.
Monthly Raffle: George Knutson won a name tag drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate. Wear those nametags!
1. Gil Harrington won a Wilton 6″ heavy duty bench vise.
2. Larry Schmick took home a Dozuki fine saw and a pair of digital calipers.
3. Tom Pranger was the winner of a Universal Mobile Base Mount.
4. Gene Warning is the happy owner of three pair of 36″ clamps and two pair of spring clamps.
5. Chuck Otey was happy with his pair of digital calipers and something called a “Third Hand”.
Don’t Dave and Joyce do a great job with the monthly raffle? Tell them so next time you see them.
EVERGREEN WOODWORKERS GUILD