EVERGREEN WOODWORKERS GUILD
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES FOR AUGUST 31, 2009
Meeting was opened by Michael Rocke, President
1. Need a coordinator for special woodworking shows that will be coming up.
2. Need a chairman/committee to put together the Super Raffle.
3. Jerry Wheeler reported that our change to a 501(c)(3) charity has been complete. Many thanks to Jerry for accomplishing this difficult task. This new status now makes it possible for the guild to accept donations and offer a tax-deductible receipt to the donor.
a. Dick Noe is requested to contact BECU to find out the fees of a safety deposit box. The guild’s Articles of Incorporation, Documentation of 501(c)(3) Status, and other official documents should be kept in a safe place where all board members and officers would know where to find them when the need arises to review them or make copies.
b. Jerry Wheeler and Dick Noe will get together to develop a gift receipt to be available for donors.
4. Volunteer Appreciation Raffle will be in December. It was agreed by all present that there would be twenty raffle prizes of $25.00 each, one per person regardless of how many times their name gets drawn.
a. Michael Rocke will buy a large dessert from Cosco (cake and/or a combination of other sweets).
b. We hope that Bill Cogswell will be able to put together a video collage of some of the guilds history.
c. George Reynolds will buy the gift certificates and find out who were the founding members.
d. Jerry Wheeler will do the presentation of the gift certificates at the meeting.
5. Next years Annual Picnic has been tentatively reserved for August 28, 2010.
6. New Member Packet is a great suggestion. Michael R. asked Joyce if she would be able to put together a few ideas to include in a packet and the cost.
Treasurer: Dick Noe was not present to give report.
Website: It is requested that Bill Cogswell add the notice of our new charity status to our website.
Programs: No change from the last line up outlined in the general meeting minutes.
Membership is now 103. Gene Warning will start reminding members that renewal time is coming up.
Membership dues will remain at $30.00 and that includes their name badge.
Library – No report
Monthly Raffle – No new news.
Mentoring – No report